Inspirational quotes are my go-to when I need a bit of motivation to get my butt off the couch and to start planning. The toughest part of traveling is getting started by making those plans early on amid hectic days of grinding work and demands on your personal life. While there are tons of inspirational quotes, the ones that resonate most are those that inspire me to travel and open my mind to discovering and learning new things.
Based on my travels and Instagram postings, I have over time compiled a list of travel quotes that I have found to be powerful, inspirational, and reflective. The following list of 20 travel quotes I hope will both challenge and inspire you.
In choosing these 20 travel quotes, my intention was to share how others, through their lens, view the world. What can we learn from reading these quotes that offer us wisdom, inspiration and, sometimes, a bit of humor? We recently partner with Printful.com to print several short quotes on hoodies and tee-shirts. Let us know if there is a particular quote you prefer, and we would be happy to make those arrangements. Here goes our top 20.
1. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes” by Marcel Proust
2. “Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, for as long as you can. Life is not meant to be lived in one place.” — Unknown
3. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments and places that take our breath away”. —Unknown
4. “Travel not to escape life but so life doesn’t escape you.” – Unknown
5.”Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world, you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you.”– Anthony Bourdain
6. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” by Danny Kaye
7. Once a year go some place you never been before”— Dalai Lama
8. “Do you think people will look back and regret the things they didn’t buy or the places they didn’t go?–Expedia
9. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead” by Marjorie Pay Hinckley
10. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the Pleasantest sensations in the world” —Freya Stark
11. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list—Susan Sontag
12. “So much of who we are is where we have been” —-William Langewiesche
13. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
14. Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.”– Unknown
15. “A journey of 1000 miles must begin with a single step.” —Lao Tzu
16. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way.”–Penelope Riley
17. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
18. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
19. “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote” ― Michael Palin.
20. “Don’t be a tourist. Be a traveler” Unknown
“For more stories and photos like these, please click here to subscribe!“